Sargis Adamyan is always very happy to move to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, will try to reach new horizons in his new club and has already received congratulations from Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
The first exclusive interview of Armenian national team striker to the FFA official site after moving to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- What made the transfer to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim happen?
- They contacted me 2 months ago, but as there was still a lot of time till the end of the season, they announced the transfer only now.
- You are only the second Armenian after Henrikh Mkhitaryan to have signed with a Bundesliga club. What do you feel at the moment?
- I feel very proud, especially when I remember my path. I was playing in 4th Bundesliga 2 years ago, but I spent 2 very good years in Bundesliga 2 and now I am here. I have to do my best to achieve new horizons in my new club and to make Armenian fans happy.
- What was the key factor of making this progress?
- Only hard work, I never gave up, I was training hard and always believed, that I will reach this level one day.
- The tempo and the level are quite different in Bundesliga. Do you have a clear understanding of TSG 1899 Hoffenheim playstyle and chances.
- TSG 1899 Hoffenheim has already had successful performance both in Germany and Europe, even making it through the UEFA Champions League group stage. The team is always playing attacking football, which is close to the way of playing I prefer. My previous team was also playing like this. As for the difference between 2 leagues, I would say, that it's not easy to play in Bundesliga 2, but, of course, the players are more skilled and the teams are stronger tactically in Bundesliga.
- Have you already asked for or will you ask for a piece of advice from Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who was very successful in Bundesliga? Are you in a contact with him?
- Henrikh was one of the first to congratulate me on the move. He said, that it was a very good step forward to me, but I have to go on training hard to achieve even better results. Henrikh is a player, whose advice must always be considered. He knows what the true success is.