FC Krasnodar midfielder Eduard Spertsyan will play for Armenian national team. After making the decision he spoke to FFA official site.
- Eduard, what do you feel, when you realise, that you are going to play for Armenian national team?
- I am very proud. I feel like Armenian, although I was born in Russia. I am very glad to play for the historical homeland of my ancestors.
- How was the decision made?
- I made the decision on my own, and my family supported me.
- What do you know about Armenian national team?
- I have always followed the team. I know Khoren Bayramyan and Varazdat Haroyan personally. I think, that the level of the players is rather high. Henrikh Mkhitaryan is, undoubtedly, the leader of the team.
- What are your expectations from the team?
- I believe, that the team will be able to reach its goals. As a player who is just joining the team, I am ready to do my best. I can play in different positiins in the centre of the field.